It is already a week into the transfer window, and I am not impressed. Reports are coming in from everywhere linking the worst with the best and the ugly with the beautiful. It feels like “panic signings” are about to be the trend this January. And while the whole world is anticipating the opening of the Asian Cup – Qatar 2011, the scouts are awaiting its end to grab the better of the tournament. I have no hopes that the next Maradona will be born in Qatar, but some Zidane “wannabes” may be on the verge of fame.
- Ronaldinho is searching for a club, in Brazil, when European teams are not listening.
- Gabriel Milito is looking for regular playtime. Can he be Chelsea’s own Coloccini?
- Mancini is finally offloaded back to Brazil. Even Leonardo couldn’t have faith in him.
- Sepp Blatter is leading the efforts for a World Cup in winter for Qatar 2022. How about a World Cup in winter for Russia 2018, too?
- Oguchi Onyewu will leave Milan soon after having attended all the fashion shows in Milan and missed all the games for that.
- Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor bust up is good for Mancini. Now the Citizens have a clue of whom to buy.
- Ipswich Town sacked Roy Keane. Another twist in the Roy Hodgson dilemma?
- Juventus are shopping for a striker after Džeko’s snub and Quagliarella’s severe injury. I heard that Christian Vieri is about to come out and play for Boavista.
- Mourinho proved his point: Levante 2-0 Real Madrid. Now give him his striker, and no, Benzema cannot score regularly.