The draw for the Champions League Quarter-Finals Stage has been concluded. The games will be on 2nd and 3rd, 9th and 10th of April, 2013.
Real Madrid vs Galatasaray
Malaga vs Dortmund
P$G vs Barcelona
Bayern Munich vs Juventus
I heard a lot of stories on how Maradona loves to party in Dubai. I also got an eye witness telling me about the antics of Maradona and his ways of ‘partying’. Whatever he does, he is still a human being with a good spirit and lovely attitude toward life. In any case, until other photos are allowed to be leaked, here’s the one I managed to get.
The coaches of the participating teams in the UEFA Euro 2012 competition announced their final squad lists. Reactions from the football world varied upon the announcements. Some call-ups were considered as big surprises, and so did some omissions.
You can check each 23 man squad for each team by clicking its name in the table below, but first let me share some random (and maybe trivial) thoughts about the selections:
Peter and Kasper Schmeichel: Like father like son?
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic vs Andriy Shevchenko: Milan’s present and past meet, with a last chance for the Ukraine captain to shine internationally
- Wilfried Bouma called again to the Netherlands squad and my reaction was: WOW!
- Fernando Torres. Enough said.
- Phil Jagielka replaced injured Gareth Barry, because Michael Carrick will not accept to be a benchwarmer.
- Cacau and Yoan Gourcuff are maybe two surprise omissions from Germany and France squads respectively.
- Kasper Schmeichel replaces injured Thomas Sørensen: A 1992 drama again? Like father like son?
So, what do you think of the selections? What was the biggest surprise?
Fans and pundits debate long and hard over which is Messi’s best goal ever. This one, scored on April 18, 2007, against Getafe in the semifinal of the Spanish Copa del Rey, is always a contender.
I bought the Time Magazine that was released on February 06, 2012, and scanned the diagram that demonstrates this historical goal. [click on image to enlarge]
Messi's wonder goal against Getafe in 2007
Ramadan in Dubai brings a lot of pleasant surprises. If it happened that you were having your Iftar in Atlantis Hotel, and specifically in the Asateer Tent, on Friday, August 12, 2011, you could have been one of the lucky people who were joined by no other than Diego Maradona.
Here are some of the pictures posted by friends and acquaintances who were that lucky.
Diego Maradona Having Iftar - 01
Diego Maradona Having Iftar - 02
Diego Maradona Having Iftar - 03
Diego Maradona Having Iftar - 04
Nothing better than a sheesha after Iftar
Credits of photos: @KAlFahim posted on www.fatakae.com and a friend from her facebook album